- Mackens butchers is all about quality and customer service, led by Rodney nothing is ever a problem, any time of the day I can phone and he is there for advice and his product knowledge is truly amazing, he supplies some of the best sausages I have ever tasted and feature on all my menus.
- Stephen Tonkin, Executive Chef, Dean Street Townhouse, Cafe Boheme, BKB, Hoxton
- Macken Brothers has been supplying excellent quality produce to Assaggi for approximately ten years, during which time Rodney and his consummate professional team have provided us an excellent service.
We are very fortunate to have Macken as one of our suppliers and nothing is too much trouble, from the occasional special request or second delivery, Macken always delivers an excellent and friendly service.
- Nino Sassu, Chef proprietor Assaggi Restaurant
- We have been using Macken's meat for many years at Chez Bruce, La Trompette and The Glasshouse. Not only is the service second to none from Rodney and his team, but the meat is most importantly outstanding. I wish I had a butcher of the same standard near to where I live and those for whom Macken's is a local butcher should count themselves very lucky indeed.
- Bruce Poole, Director, Chez Bruce
- Rodney has been our "gem of a butcher' for many years - nothing seems too much trouble for him and if we desperately need a second delivery during the day, his team oblige! I am pleased to say that we have passed his details on to other restaurant chefs in London and have no hesitation in recommending him to not only private buyers, but also those in the catering trade.
- Sally Clarke, Clarkes
- Without doubt the best butcher in the world, his friendly team are always there to help! Rodney has been an inspiration to many of our dishes here at La Trompette and The Glasshouse with his knowledge of beast and bird.
- Anthony Boyd, Head Chef, La Trompette
- Chiswick is a wonderful area for small scale, independent retailers and in an era of big supermarkets it is great to know you can walk into a butchers like Macken Brothers and have a personal relationship with everyone there and know everything about the meat you buy.
- Colin & Livia Firth, Chiswick Residents
- Macken Brothers is a great traditional butchers that has supplied me for nearly a decade. They have an outstanding and friendly service, matched with their high quality meats and the best Aberdeen Angus beef in town. Mackens have always been my first choice with a welcome name on my menu and the only butcher I would use for Scottish Beef for my restaurant.
- Paul Hallett, Head Chef, JW Steakhouse, Grosvenor House Hotel
- I have been buying from Macken Brothers for almost 15 years. Rodney and his team are always friendly and helpful - and the quality of the meat they sell is superb. I think we're so lucky to have really excellent, independent food shops in Chiswick and I always try to support them.
- Mary Nightingale, Local Resident